Dayna J. Christian
As a business litigation attorney in Portland, Oregon, Dayna serves clients in matters of shareholder disputes and dissolution, corporate and business tort litigation, and alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration.
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes and Dissolution
- Professional Responsibility and Malpractice
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Business Torts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Mediation and Arbitration
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland Direct: (503) 802-5537
- Vancouver Direct: (360) 984-5040
Dayna has litigated complex commercial and intellectual property disputes in state and federal courts, before arbitrators, in government administrative hearings, and on appeal. She also counsels clients on business strategy, intellectual property portfolio development and management, and sound business practices designed to avoid litigation. She believes that litigation is not in the best interests of any business, but at times, is unavoidable.
Before joining Immix Law Group, Dayna worked on several complex litigation matters at Bullivant Houser Bailey. She represented multiple plaintiffs in a seven-week trial against Craig Berkman and others. The trial team litigated claims of fraud and accounting malpractice. Two of her complex litigation matters involved intellectual property claims. She prosecuted trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement claims on behalf of a local biotechnology company. In another matter, she defended claims of misappropriation, patent infringement and conspiracy claims brought against an investor. Most recently, she assisted a client in defending against federal and state securities fraud claims with billions of dollars at risk.
In the last few years, Dayna has conducted a three week arbitration in Washington D.C. representing a local pesticide company in a multi-million dollar dispute against Monsanto Company. Dayna achieved an 80% discount on the demands made by Monsanto against her client. She has also assisted in the preparation and presentation of a multiple week trial defending against allegations of elder financial abuse, fraud, securities fraud, and negligence.
Before specializing in corporate litigation, Dayna served as counsel in more than 100 civil tort cases involving sex abuse, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and punitive damages issues. Dayna also served as Deputy District Attorney for the Multnomah District Attorney’s Office for five years where she prosecuted a variety of misdemeanor and serious felony person crimes. Dayna regularly calls upon her diverse training and trial experiences over the years to best serve her business clients in virtually any matter at issue.
- Board of Trustees, YMCA of Columbia-Willamette
- Defense Research Institute, Committee Member (2011)
- Oregon State Bar Association (IP Section)
- Washington Bar Association (IP Section)
- Idaho State Bar Association (IP Section)
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Panelist, “Career Development & Rainmaking,” Oregon Women Lawyers (November 2014)
- Panelist, “The Minimum Billable Hour: Friend or Foe?” Oregon Women Lawyers Leadership Committee CLE (October 2014)
- Presenter, “How to Train your Litigator,” Association of Corporate Counsels CLE (October 2014)
- Co-author, “Documentary Evidence – Organization and Presentation,” chapter, West/Reuters Business Torts (2010)
- Co-author, “Depositions – Can They Win or Lose the Case?” presentation to Oregon State Bar litigators (2010)
- Co-author, Pre-Trial Preparation Article
- Portland Business Journal’s “Litigator recommends that young lawyers grab chances to serve their communities”
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Idaho State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Pro hac admission to 13th Judicial District of Tennessee
- Lewis & Clark Law School – J.D., Environmental Law Certificate, 1997
- American University – B.A., Justice, 1993