As a business and contract attorney, J-P guides clients through contract negotiations while also providing advice on corporate formation, growth and governance, intellectual property, and corporate finance and securities.
- Contract Law
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- Corporate Formation, Growth & Governance
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct: (503) 802-5539
J-P lived through the heady days of the first dot com boom in the trenches of San Francisco’s South Market neighborhood. As Senior Editor of Society and Politics at LookSmart Ltd., he managed a team of 5-10 editors and experienced employment and employee issues, acqui-hires, and an IPO first-hand. Working for Extreme Arts & Sciences after law school, J-P assisted in the creation of business entities and subsidiaries for the company, as well as supporting EAS’ work of forging cultures of transformational change within client organizations.
At Immix, J-P supports clients big and small in a variety of industries, including software, food and beverage, and apparel. He is happiest when knee deep in contract provisions, bringing sense, order, and balance to the agreement being struck between the parties.
J-P enjoys spending time with his wife & daughter, knitting, writing, and playing guitar and ukulele. He knows a great deal about the Harry Potter Trading Card Game. He is a fervent Portland Timbers supporter and member of 107ist, the independent supporters’ trust of the Timbers Army. An active member of the tech community in Portland, J-P is the co-founder of the bi-monthly #pdxbreakfast tweetup and a collaborator in unconference planning and execution.
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management (2016)
- Portland Independent Chamber of Commerce (2016)
- Portland Plaza Rules Committee (2013 – 2016)
- Member, CyborgCamp Organizing Committee (2008)
- Staton Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors (2004 – 2010)
- Board of Director, Portland Plaza Unit Owner’s Association (2007 – 2011)
- Presenter, “Getting Your Recipe to Market,” Portland Community College (April 2014 – Present)
- Presenter, Forge Portland (2014)
- Bitcoin: Whither Transactions? – Open Source Bridge (2013)
- The Scylla and Charybdis of Open Source Legalese – Open Source Bridge (2009)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- University of Oregon Law School – J.D., 2005
- New College of California – MFA Poetics & Creative Writing, 2000
- University of Oregon – BS Anthropology, 1996