Specializing in litigation law, Nicholas advises businesses and individuals on a range of civil matters including real property disputes, commercial transactions and trust litigation. His experience both in and out of the courtroom has enabled him to help clients find economical solutions to uneconomical problems.
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Property Litigation
- Trusts and Estates Litigation
- Business Tort Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Email: email@example.com
- Direct: (503) 802-5547
As a trial lawyer, Nicholas has represented both individuals and businesses in all levels of litigation from pre-filing through appeal. He has secured victories for shareholders, companies, property owners, contractors, trustees, and business owners.
Despite these accomplishments, Nicholas knows that litigation is not always the best avenue for a client. Outside of the courtroom, Nicholas is an advisor, a negotiator, a teacher, and a strategist. He educates his clients on the legal landscape, helps them prioritize their interests, finds their advantages, and creates solutions. As a result, many clients engage Nicholas early on in their disputes and he has helped many achieve their goals without stepping inside a courtroom.
Nicholas has always taken time away from his practice to be involved in the local community. He has served on the Executive Committee for the City of Portland’s Small Business Advisory Counsel, the board of directors for the Small Business PAC, the Financial Advisory Committee for the City of Portland’s Building Development Services, and on the Government Affairs Committee for the East Portland Chamber of Commerce. He is an avid musician who keeps a semi professional recording studio in his home and is ever passionate about the changing music industry.
- Rising Star – Oregon Super Lawyers (2014 – Business Litigation)
- Rising Star – Oregon Super Lawyers (2013 – Business Litigation)
- Executive Committee, City of Portland Small Business Advisory Council
- Government Affairs Committee, East Portland Chamber of Commerce
- City of Portland Bureau of Development Services Financial Advisory Committee
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Presenter, “How to Train your Litigator,” Association of Corporate Counsels CLE (October 2014)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Ave Maria School of Law – J.D., magna cum laude, 2006
- The Colorado College – B.A., cum laude, Political Science, 2003
- Jesuit High School – 1999