As a former marketing executive in the agriculture industry, Ashley saw first-hand how understanding the intricacies behind the legal jargon helped her effectively negotiate on behalf of her company. These experiences have helped shape her legal perspective as she guides clients through daily legal needs.
Prior to law school, Ashley gained experience in the food and agriculture industries working as an marketing event administrator for an international produce marketing firm. During her marketing career, she worked to marry the abilities of growers, retailers, distributors, and third party vendors to create successful industry and consumer-facing events throughout North America. In her capacity, she negotiated contracts and relationships regarding partnering with other brands, service providers, and consumer and trade events; managed event teams and product data; created marketing content; and helped maintain corporate governance within her company. She experienced first-hand what it takes to market a brand successfully in the ever-changing marketplace. She attended law school to further her passion of understanding and creating contracts and relationships that provide the most optimal outcome for her clients and their business goals.
As an attorney, Ashley enjoys working across all industries, including continuing work in food and beverage and retail. She focuses on general business counsel including contract drafting and negotiation, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, employment and fundraising.
- 5k Co-Director & Coach, Girls on the Run Portland Metro
- Council Member, Bar Press Broadcasters Council, OSB Board of Governors
- CLE Committee Member, Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Law Alumni Recent Graduate Council Member, Lewis & Clark Law School
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Lewis & Clark Law School – J.D., 2016
- University of Oregon – B.S., Applied Mathematics and Sociology, 2011