Deanna Waldron is an experienced attorney with outstanding business acumen. Having been an entrepreneur and co-founder of a company from its initial phase through significant growth, she has navigated the challenges of day-to-day business operations and employee issues. Her forte is creative problem solving and preventative legal solutions to help businesses avoid potential problems and litigation. She provides organizations with advice and guidance, as well as high-level strategy, planning and decision making.
She focuses her practice on employment law counseling and assisting her clients with navigating state and federal employment laws. She advises employers and individuals on various employment-related matters, such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower, wrongful termination, employment and separation agreements, internal investigations, wage and hour, unemployment, proper classification of non-exempt/exempt employees and independent contractors, and maintaining up-to-date and compliant handbooks and employment policies. In her practice, Deanna has represented many clients in mediation, arbitration and litigation and crafted winning strategies that created favorable results for her clients. She also regularly represents clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state administrative agencies. Additionally, Deanna provides training for clients regarding harassment prevention, leave issues, and other personnel matters.
- “Navigating Political Speech in the Midterm Elections for Public Employers: First Amendment Issues” Colorado Municipal League Annual Conference, June 2022
- New York State and Federal Courts (Southern and Eastern District of New York)
- New Jersey State and Federal Courts
- Colorado State and Federal Courts
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, JD
- Georgetown University, Cum Laude, BA Government, Mathematics minor