Transaction Paralegal Position – OPEN
Immix Law Group, with offices in Portland and Seattle, is seeking a paralegal based in Portland to provide expert support to the business transactions practice, including in particular mergers and acquisitions, financings, trademarks, and internal initiatives. Immix is a certified B-Corp and has been recognized for its commitment to team member well-being.
The position of Transactional Paralegal is a crucial legal services position. Applicants for this position should have a combination of education and work experience of at least 3 to 5 years, together with a bachelor’s degree. A specialty certificate or certain work experience may substitute for years of experience. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage a variety of assignments from multiple attorneys with attention to detail, meeting quality and timeliness expectations.
The Transactional Paralegal will have principal responsibility for smooth administration of transactions, such as mergers and financings, together with trademark practice operations. The Transactional Paralegal will secondarily work in concert with attorneys and peers on various transactional matters, including corporate governance projects. From time-to-time the person may also assist with litigation matters and firm operational matters.
The Transactional Paralegal will report to the Managing Attorney.
The Transactional Paralegal will have responsibilities and duties including the following:
Mergers, Acquisitions, Financings, and other Transactions
- Running M&A lifecycles (buy and sell side);
- Running fundraising lifecycles;
- Preparing and managing closing checklists;
- Organizing signature packets and delivering for e-signature;
- Drafting documents and attachments, as requested by attorneys;
- Proofreading with extreme attention to detail on final drafts;
- Preparing initial drafts, coordinating review and execution, and timely submission of securities filings;
- Directing air-traffic control, particularly in relation to version control.
- Managing the trademark docket, including international trademarks;
- Communicating with trademark clients about upcoming deadlines, trademark office actions, and trademark prosecution matters;
- Reviewing specimens for use in commerce;
- Conducting trademark searches, drafting services/goods descriptions, and preparing trademark applications and other trademark filings;
- Assisting attorneys in trademark matters.
Drafting and Document Review
- Reviewing, proofreading, correcting, finalizing and distributing legal documents drafted by attorneys;
- Selecting templates and preparing initial drafts for routine transactions;
- Managing workflows for transactional documents to ensure success in execution;
- Directing electronic signature procedures and providing subject matter expertise on notarization and execution.
- Participating as-needed basis in researching legal topics;
- Identifying workflow tools and practices to improve efficiency, accuracy, and accountability in transactional practice.
- Providing attorney support on a case-by-case basis;
- Helping promote knowledge within the firm on matters involving transactions;
- Being a thought leader, consulted by various practice groups, on subject matter within the scope.
- Client service focused;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with intricate timelines and deadlines;
- Teamwork focused;
- Stellar communication (client and internal);
- Ethical and trustworthy;
- Problem-solving approach;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn;
- Active and organized;
- Able to work independently;
- Seeks continuous improvement.
- Microsoft Office 365 with emphasis on Excel, Outlook, Word and Teams
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Ability to work in Cloud environments (timekeeping, document storage, trademark tracking)
Immix Law Group is a Pacific Northwest boutique law firm with global reach. Immix has a fast-paced work environment, with multiple transactions happening weekly. Our clientele span numerous industries around the world. Every day brings new challenges in different areas of technology, geography, and deal structures. No day is ever the same – and that makes working here extremely interesting – and dare we say, fun?
Immix is a certified B-Corp, which means we focus on people and planet over profit. We have a strong team that we refer to as family. We are a strong group with expertise in multiple areas – and one of our best attributes is that every person on our team is considered invaluable, no matter the job title.
Salary Range: $55,000 to $70,000
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com