Nicholas Drum specializes in reducing complicated disputes to workable solutions. With a specific emphasis on contract disputes, real property conflicts, and shareholder disputes, Nicholas is focused on understanding his clients’ needs and defending their interests both in and out of the courtroom. Additionally, Nicholas handles trust litigation, corporate creditor rights, commercial landlord-tenant matters, and government affairs. In 2013, he was recognized as a Rising Star in the Portland litigation community by the well-known Oregon Super Lawyers publication.
As a trial lawyer, Nicholas has represented both individuals and businesses in all levels of litigation from pre-filing through appeal. He has secured victories for shareholders, companies, property owners, contractors, trustees, and business owners.
Despite these accomplishments, Nicholas knows that litigation is not always the best avenue for a client. Outside of the courtroom, Nicholas is an advisor, a negotiator, a teacher, and a strategist. He educates his clients on the legal landscape, helps them prioritize their interests, finds their advantages, and creates solutions. As a result, many clients engage Nicholas early on in their disputes and he has helped many achieve their goals without stepping inside a courtroom.
Nicholas has always taken time away from his practice to be involved in the local community. He has served on the Executive Committee for the City of Portland’s Small Business Advisory Counsel, the board of directors for the Small Business PAC, the Financial Advisory Committee for the City of Portland’s Building Development Services, and on the Government Affairs Committee for the East Portland Chamber of Commerce. He is an avid musician who keeps a semi professional recording studio in his home and is ever passionate about the changing music industry.
- Rising Star – Oregon Super Lawyers (2014 – Business Litigation)
- Rising Star – Oregon Super Lawyers (2013 – Business Litigation)
- Executive Committee, City of Portland Small Business Advisory Council
- Government Affairs Committee, East Portland Chamber of Commerce
- City of Portland Bureau of Development Services Financial Advisory Committee
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Presenter, “How to Train your Litigator,” Association of Corporate Counsel CLE (October 2014)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Ave Maria School of Law – J.D., magna cum laude, 2006
- The Colorado College – B.A., cum laude, Political Science, 2003