With over twenty years as a practicing attorney, Nick provides clients with the insight and skills of his experience. Having worked both as a solo practitioner representing individuals and small business as well as working in a large firm for corporate clients, Nick understands the needs and expectations of each type of client to best protect their interests.
Over the years, Nick has represented clients in numerous areas of law including, but not limited to, real estate, insurance, bankruptcy, general business, personal injury, and creditor’s rights. Nick has extensive litigation experience on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. His practice focuses on creative problem solving and preventative legal help to allow clients to avoid potential problems and litigation. When litigation becomes necessary, Nick provides effective, efficient and aggressive representation.
Outside the office, Nick plays competitive soccer and surfs the Washington coast. He and his wife live on and tend a small organic farm.
- Board Member, Arts & Humanities Bainbridge
- Board Member, Bozoball, Bainbridge Adult Soccer
- Edmundson v. Bank of America – 378 P.3rd 272 (2016) – WA Court of Appeals – Successfully argued the conclusive application of the installment theory under Washington’s statute of limitations for installment contracts and the effect of bankruptcy discharge in regard to Deeds of Trust.
- Bavand v. OneWest Bank – 176 Wn.App 475 (2013) – WA Court of Appeals – Determined the scope and breadth of the application of the Washington Consumer Protection Act as it relates to the Deed of Trust Act and wrongful foreclosure claims.
- Bain v. Metropolitan Mortgage Group – 175 Wn.2d 83 (2012) – WA Supreme Court – Industry changing opinion finding Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. was not a valid beneficiary under a Deed of Trust.
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- California State Courts
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- CA Federal & Bankruptcy Courts – All Districts
- WA Federal & Bankruptcy Courts – All Districts
- OR Federal & Bankruptcy Courts – OR District
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles – J.D., 1992
- University of California, Santa Barbara – B.A., 1987