PATRICK DE KLOTZ
As a business attorney in Portland, Patrick assists clients by advising them on regulatory compliance, securities issues, entity formation, contract drafting and review, FOIA issues, and other general business needs.
Before joining Immix, Patrick began his career with the Office of Information Policy of the United States Department of Justice. During his time at DOJ, Patrick became proficient at analyzing and translating rules and other requirements into plain language in order to help guide government agencies, attorneys, and the general public, and he managed a number of complex projects. At Immix, Patrick has helped many clients in preparation for offerings and navigating federal and state securities laws, forming business entities, contract drafting and review, and nonprofit work.
Patrick lives in Lake Oswego with his wife Shea, their children Jill and Ian, and their beagle Fledge. In his rare spare time, he enjoys reading and hiking.
- Board Member, Hope Squared Foundation (2014 – present)
- Presenter, Refresher Training for Annual FOIA Report DOJ Components, Washington, DC (October 2012 )
- Presenter, FOIA Law and Procedures for US Attorneys, US Attorney’s Office for California, Los Angeles (September 2012)
- Presenter, Specialized Training for CIA Annual FOIA Reports, CIA Facility, Herndon, VA (June 2012)
- Presenter, FOIA for Attorneys and Access Professionals Exemption 5, National Housing Center, Washington, DC (May 2012)
- Presenter, FOIA for Attorneys and Access Professionals Exemptions 2 and 7, National Housing Center, Washington, DC (May 2011)
- Presenter, Refresher Training for Annual FOIA Report for Federal Government Employees, Washington, DC (October 2010)
- Oregon State Courts
- The George Washington University Law School – J.D., 2009
- Gonzaga University – B.A. Political Science and History, magna cum laude, 2006