Peter is experienced with guiding businesses through the corporate formation and corporate growth process, including advising businesses regarding strategic business planning, employment, and tax issues.
Most recently, while working at a software company, Peter helped business clients, with both domestic and international operations, determine and resolve business tax issues, and remain compliant with changing tax laws. Peter has experience working in-house and at large and small law firms and businesses. Peter relies on his diverse background and experience to help provide well-rounded representation to his clients.
Outside of regular business hours, Peter spends his time hiking, running, brewing beer, and taking advantage of the great Portland food scene.
- 2016 Lewis & Clark Small Business Legal Clinic Pro Bono Champion
- 2014 Lewis & Clark Small Business Legal Clinic Pro Bono Champion
- Board Member, Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section (YLS) (2019 – Present)
- Advisory Board, Lewis & Clark Small Business Legal Clinic (2018 – Present)
- Board Member, Portland Fruit Tree Project (2018 – Present)
- Board Member, p:ear (2017 – 2019)
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association (2013 – Present)
- Chair, Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section (YLS): Service to the Public Committee (2018-2019)
- Member, Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2010 – Present)
- Panelist, “Panel on Shared Ownership” put on by the Business Outreach Program, Lewis and Clark Small Business Legal Clinic, and Portland Mercado (February 2019)
- Martin Rhodes, Allison, Hillman, Robert W. & Tran, Peter (2014), “Law Firms’ Entity Choices Reflect Appeal of Newer Business Forms,” Business Entities, Jul./Aug. 2014.
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Lewis & Clark Law School – J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Washington – B.A. Political Science and Sociology, 2009