With extensive intellectual property and brand management experience, Rina serves as an advisor to enterprises large and small to determine their best legal strategies for success. After nearly a decade of working as a creative in the publishing industry, Rina shifted to intellectual property law, allowing her understanding of creative development to inform her counsel to clients as she helps them protect and enforce their branding and proprietary assets.
Rina loves to engage with passionate goal-driven entrepreneurs and focus on proactive legal protections that can safeguard proprietary assets and increase business value. Rina has worked with everyone from individuals and startups to national and international corporations to develop trademark and copyright protection strategies, secure and manage trademark and copyright registrations around the globe, enforce intellectual property rights, and handle disputes when they arise. Rina also helps clients determine the best vehicles for protecting proprietary assets like software, content, and innovation. Whether advising on company or product rebranding, safe harbor protections under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or complex and specialized legal challenges, Rina aims to provide practical guidance and right-size intellectual property solutions to fit client priorities.
When not practicing law, Rina enjoys spending time with her family and traveling to find the best eats and most beautiful places.
- Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Law Association, Board Member and Past President
- Intellectual Property Advisor, Covintus Tech Tank
- Co-authored: From the 2014 World Cup to the 2016 Olympics: Brazil’s Role in the Global Anti-Corruption Movement, 21 Sw. J. Int’l Law 71 (2014).
- Co-authored: Rio 2016 and the Birth of Brazilian Transparency, in Transparency International, Global Corruption Report Sport (Gareth Sweeney ed., 2016).
- Co-authored: Trademark: A Rose by Any Other Name…, Virginia Lawyer, April 2016, at 14-18.
- Virginia State Courts
- Trademark Trial & Appeal Board
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Intellectual Property Certificate, 2015
- Bucknell University – B.A., 2008